March 29, 2017
WHY MIAS 2017 IS BEYOND PERFORMANCE
It’s that time of year again when all roads lead to the 2017 Manila International Auto Show (MIAS) tomorrow March 30 to April 2, 2017 at World Trade Center in Pasay City. If you’re a car fanatic, you know what I mean.
Based on feedback from major exhibitors and car brands, last year’s MIAS was considered to be highly successful. According to MIAS organizer, Worldbex Services International, with over 110,000 visitors the show now extends to five (5) indoor structures covering over 34,000 square meters, stretching from the main hall of the World Trade Center to two customized tent areas, and the Philippine Trade Training Center. The main hall of World Trade Center houses the main car brands while its lobby showcases the major sponsors and partners of MIAS. Extending to World Trade Center’s east wing annex tent building, another purpose-built air-conditioned tent stretches to connect a seamless link to the Philippine Trade Training Center. Another new feature of this year’s MIAS is the 3,000 square meter Truck Pavilion showcasing the industry’s latest offering of commercial vehicle and truck brands.
‘Beyond Performance’ is this year’s MIAS theme. A vehicle’s performance is more than just the ability of a car to reach top speeds or taking on sharp turns. Hundreds of parts working together in harmony define a vehicle’s performance. To make sure it performs as it was designed to be, vehicles today are more complex with all its components relying on each other.
Performance has been a strong selling point for the automotive brands, but beyond performance, attributes like efficiency, safety, practicality and reliability must go with it. Whether it’s a sports car, SUV, pickup or sedan, automakers are now harmonizing these attributes to attract its buyers.
Being the premiere and largest annual motoring event in the country, the 2017 MIAS will showcase the best vehicles and aftermarket products and services. Among the new models to be launched are the following:
- Dodge – Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Foton – Gratour Midi Truck
- Honda – Civic Type R
- Hyundai – Genesis G90 and Creta
- Jeep – Moparized Wrangler (80th anniversary MOPAR)
- Mazda – MX-5 RF, CX-5, CX-9
- Subaru – Impreza (New Global Platform)
- VW – Tiguan
- Chevrolet – Spark
Just like in previous shows, check out the heart-stopping stunt performances by the world’s best precision driver, Russ Swift to off-road test drives with simulated 4×4 obstacle courses to world-class customized tuner cars and highly collectible vintage and classic cars. OEM and performance parts suppliers will also showcase their latest offerings in the aftermarket area located at the East Wing Annex building of the World Trade Center.
Other special events include the MIAS Petron Custom Classic Car Competition honoring some of the country’s finest car restoration and custom car shops, and the Automobile Association of the Philippines (AAP) annual Driver of the Year gala awards night, which honors the country’s top drivers in various motor sport disciplines. AAP is the country’s oldest and biggest auto club founded in 1931 that is committed to the general welfare of motorists, promoting road safety motor sports and championing green mobility in the Philippines.
Visitors can also look forward to doing some bargain hunting at the Diecast Collectors Philippines (DCPH) swap meet and viewing the DCPH special miniature diecast car exhibit, or join the RC (remote control) drift race event, Tamiya 4WD race event or even do some Driftbox go-karting with friends and family.
MIAS also honors the 2016 Philippine Car of the Year (Honda Civic RS Turbo) and Truck of the Year (Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4×2 LS AT) winners with a special display at the entrance area of the World Trade Center. What’s new in MIAS 2017 is the launching of the Motorcycle of the Year Awards (MOTY) which highlights the growing motorcycle segment in the country. Definitely, MIAS is the biggest venue for all vehicle types in all shapes and sizes.
MIAS 2017 is set to break records with its biggest installment yet. The event’s co- presentor, BPI Family Auto Loans, will once again be offering quick and easy loan processing during the four days of MIAS. For more information, follow www.facebook.com/manilainternationalautoshow and @mias.ph #MIAS on Instagram.
See you there!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.