June 30, 2017
HARRY POTTER AT 20
I just had to join in the festivities of Harry Potter’s 20th anniversary. I can still clearly remember my excitement when I got the first Harry Potter book and watching the first movie and my eager anticipation of every succeeding book and movie.
There were a ton of Harry Potter articles that came out last week because of the 20th anniversary but there were two articles that I really enjoyed immensely. First was a very interesting article about the 10 most highlighted lines of Harry Potters books in Kindle from Entertainment Weekly. My favorite line is definitely what Professor Dumbledore said to Harry from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child—Parts One and Two, “Harry, there is never a perfect answer in this messy, emotional world. Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic. In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe.”
The second article that I loved because I am not only a Harry Potter fan since my teenage years but I’m also into interior styling. So when I saw this article from Apartment Therapy on how the kids from Harry Potter would decorate their grown-up homes, I read it right away and saved it too! They featured homes of eight characters from Harry Potter—Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger, Sybill Trelawney, Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley, Minerve McGonagall, Fleur Delacour and Luna Lovegood.
I could imagine myself living with Hermione, Ginny, Fleur, or Luna.
Hermione Granger’s cozy abode
Ginny Weasley’s colorful and homey place
Fleur Delacour’s chic and hotel like style
Luna Lovegood’s eclectic mix
I definitely had fun celebrating Harry Potter’s 20th anniversary!
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our monthly classes at writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids and Teens on July 22, August 5, August 9 (1:30pm-3pm). Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.