June 7, 2020
GIVE TILL IT HURTS
Someone read my palm and said “You will never be very rich”, but that “You will never be hungry.” I hope he is right. Also, because I believe in karma, I am quite aware that what you give comes back to you a hundredfold. What you give does not always mean money. More often, it is giving your time―and that is truly priceless.
I am quite sensitive to people who are mindless about giving time to family and friends. The people who forget to say hello or even reserve a day as special because it’s a sibling’s birthday. People who are just too busy with themselves. So, today being a Sunday, let’s make it reflection Sunday.
How to GIVE:
- Give a listen. Sometimes we just have to listen and not speak when people want an ear or two. It’s free to give that, right?
- Give your time. Sometimes all it takes is a little time spent with kids, with parents and with partners. The best is giving time to ‘not so close’ friends or neighbors.
- Give away extras. Now we realize we have so much shoes, clothes, and stuff we have not used for the past 60 days. We can live without them.
- Give away some money. I was asked to sponsor an artist and I just realized that I gave the same amount to a person as I gave to a community. I’m sure this artist (who is a doctor) may heal a whole community. So, it comes out even. Give.
After giving, let karma take over.
“Give the world the best that you have, and the best will come back to you.” ―Madeline Bridges
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.