October 26, 2013
All I can offer
is the fun of an antic
mind, will o’ the wisp
of notion and imagination,
a sense of joie de vivre,
a few au courant suggestions
that may masquerade
as nuggets of wisdom.
Do we tell on one another’s
extras, ensembles? Maybe.
Dunno if it’s best, but could be so.
The moral order of aesthetics
I like to think we share dictates we do.
On the other hand, all those may serve
as further test of barriers, parameters
of emotion, to see how much the other
can take, without going haywire. Aiee,
aye, there’s the rub and the fear.
if we find that we don’t mind, either it enters
an even more special niche of relations, or catches
itself slip-sliding away. Maybe we say, how be jealous
when one is not possessed, yet how be sane when obsessed?
* * *
I am sorry for being a double-edged sword.
One blade cuts to the quick and pares off all raiments
to arrive quickly at joy. The other drags the core down
to now dull, now sharp extravaganzas of misery.
Why, if querida in Spanish means dearest, beloved,
must it be downgraded to mistress in our understanding?
Does there have to be another room, so secret,
when one crosses the border from colonial to native?
Questions, questions. When all that matters
is the hour the minute the moment
when you are all there is, all
that can be.
* * *
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.