July 31, 2016
Renee Salud in Marco Polo Ortigas Manila’s Silken Voices, Silken Roads
When one hears the name Renee Salud, the first thing that comes to mind is Filipiniana fashion. For those who don’t know him, he is one of the local couture pioneers and an icon in the industry. He is known for expressing his nationalism through design. He has made it his mission to be THE Filipino designer by embodying Filipino culture and heritage in all his creations.
I wore some of his gowns during my “Reyna Elena” days in Bulacan when I was younger and have been a fan of him ever since. It has been years since the last time I donned a Renee Salud creation but seeing his work still excites me.
I was so happy to find out that he was the featured designer in Marco Polo Ortigas Manila’s Opera Gala Dinner. Entitled “Silken Voices, Silken Roads”, the production depicted the journey of Marco Polo from the West to the East through food, music, and fashion.
My favorites of the night were his barong inspired pieces. His modern take on traditional material allows for versatility.
These are Filipiniana pieces that you can actually wear to non-Filipiniana dress code events. With these kinds of designs, it’s easy to incorporate the Filipiniana look to your wardrobe.
I wish I could’ve taken clearer pics but it wasn’t your usual fashion show and the models were constantly moving and walking all around the place. I had to stop the model in the first picture to be able to get a decent shot. Thank goodness she gladly obliged. I wasn’t successful with the other two. LOL! Oh well.
Photos by Goldee Luxe
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.