January 22, 2017
GOLDEN GLOBES KICKS OFF 2017’S AWARDS SEASON
Has it really been another year?!?! Awards season has officially started again with the Golden Globes kicking things off last Sunday. It was great to see so many of our beloved stars back on the red carpet but while many looked good only a handful looked great.
Here are my top picks of the night…
My favorite of the night was Emma Stone in Valentino.
She looked absolutely stunning, as always. I loved the elegant, old Hollywood vibe of the dress but also how it looked young and fresh at the same time. It also perfectly matched the theme and feel of LA LA Land.
Then there was Giuliana Rancic in Rani Zakhem
It seems so long since I last saw Giuliana doing her thing on TV so I was really happy to see her covering the red carpet for this event (and look forward to seeing more of her throughout awards season, hopefully more Giuliana and less Ryan). I just love the floral pattern on this dress. It was originally designed with long sleeves but this sleeveless version gives off a more youthful vibe.
Blake Lively in Atelier Versace was looking fierce.
How does she do it??? Blake Lively never fails to wow especially at red carpet events. That signature Versace silhoutte is just perfect for her. She probably could have done away with the pockets since she already had on those gorgeous and humongous Lorainne Schwartz emerald cuff on each arm. Those cuffs could definitely give Wonder Woman’s bracelets of submission a run for their money.
Olivia Culpo in Zuhair Murad
There were a number celebrities wearing Zuhair Murad gowns on the red carpet this year—Elsa Pataky, Tracee Ellis Ross, Sophia Vergara, and Jenna Dewan Tatum, to name a few—but I thought this dress stood out from the bunch. The pattern on this dress is so unique and stunning. It looks like a Van Gogh painting turned into a dress. I think a more conservative cut on top would’ve looked better but when you’re Olivia Culpo you can definitely wear something that racy and still make it look classy.
Lily Collins also in Zuhair Murad
At first I thought the floral applique looked a little old fashioned when I saw this dress in some of the pictures but when I saw it on TV it looked absolutely gorgeous and I realized how fabulous it is. She looks like a princess! I really like the design of the neckline where the flowers look like they are just crawling up her skin and the super low, bare back. Of course, only someone as skinny as Lily Collins can pull that off.
Last but not least is Millie Bobby Brown in Jenny Packham
She looks so adorable in this dress! It’s fun and age appropriate. I would’ve preferred to see this dress long since it is a black tie event but there is no denying that she is one stylish little lady.
What about you? Who are your favorites?
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.