January 20, 2019
CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS 2019
We know awards season is in full swing when we have awards shows on back-to-back weekends. The Critics Choice Awards was held last Sunday, just a week after the Golden Globes. I was really hoping to see other stars up their fashion game but the best looks of the night for me were mostly from the same celebrities.
Emmy Rossum in a velvet maroon Ralph Lauren dress gave us a complete change from her delicate pink ballgown at the Golden Globes. I love that she doesn’t stick with just one look. Goes to show that she is versatile not just in acting but also in fashion. This look on someone else could have gone trashy or trampy but she made it refreshingly edgy.
Charlize Theron was stunning again in this asymmetrical, sparkling Givenchy number. J’adore! Excited to see all her upcoming looks for the rest of this red carpet season.
Emily Blunt looked gorgeous in her sparkling white Prada dress. What else can I say? She’s just one of those people who look effortlessly amazing all the time.
Lady Gaga kept the old Hollywood vibe in a strapless Calvin Klein gown. I love the short train of the dress to add a little drama. I have a feeling trains are going to be a big thing this year because of her.
Another lady rocking a pale hue that night was Poppy Delevingne (yup, she’s Cara’s sister) in Oscar de la Renta. Only a few people can pull off a plunging neckline like that and she did it exquisitely—with the proper amount of boob height and exposure.
Mandy Moore was a delightful juxtaposition in a Michael Kors Collection dress. It was conservative but sexy, modern but old school.
Haley Lu Richardson looking like a young Elizabeth Hurley in a body hugging, black Versace gown. Before this article I didn’t really know who she is but I love how fresh and confident she looked—she is understatedly sexy, she’s not trying too hard and doesn’t look older than she should be.
Always enjoy seeing the progression of celebrity looks over the red carpet season. Looking forward to the Screen Actors Guild awards at the end of the month.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.