April 13, 2019
14TH PHILIPPINE INTL JAZZ FESTIVAL SHOWCASES MISHKA ADAMS, ANTHONY STRONG, HAILEY TUCK & MORE
Who’s excited for the 14th Philippine Jazz Festival?
The line up this year features Anthony Strong, an English jazz singer, known for his latest album “Stepping Out” which reached number one on iTunes and Amazon jazz charts.
Another exciting performer is Hailey Tuck, an American jazz singer who has been described as “having a uniquely captivating voice that sits somewhere between Billie Holiday, Regina Spektor and Ella Fitzgerald”.
On the local front, Mishka Adams returns as part of a duo with Argentinian singer and guitarist Beto Caletti to sing songs from their album Puentes Invisibiles.
The 14th Philippine Jazz Festival will run from April 30 to May 4 with the Gala Night on May 4 to be held at the City Club at the Alphaland in Makati.
P2,500 for the main stage
P5,000 for main stage + VIP.
Early bird rates until April 23:
P2,000 for the main stage
P4,000 for main stage + VIP.
The full list of participating artists as of press time include:
Pianist, singer and songwriter from UK with swaggering vocals and a swinging piano style that’s matched by an energy that has entertained audiences around the world.
AMP BIG BAND
Asosasyon ng Musikong Pilipino Big Band led by veteran musical director, Mel Villena and composed of the Philippines’ most-sought-after session musicians.
THE JEWISH JAZZ SHOW
Daniel Zamir is the youngest recipient of Israel‘s Award for Outstanding Jazz Composers. He has performed around the world with Avishai Cohen and Matisyahu, to name a few. He will be joined by guitarist Nitzan Bar.
With a uniquely captivating voice that sits somewhere between Billie Holiday, Regina Spektor and Ella Fitzgerald, Hailey Tuck has been enchanting bigger and bigger audiences at venues and festivals across Europe.
HENRY KATINDIG TRIO
A figurehead in the local jazz circuit for the past three decades. His prodigious style has been immortalized in countless recordings both here and abroad.
MICHAL MARTYNIUK QUARTET
Polish-born pianist and keyboardist Michal Martyniuk is no stranger to the Auckland music scene. Based in New Zealand since 2007, he holds a degree in Jazz Performance from Auckland University
WAIRUA COLLECTIVE featuring Damon Grant
Consisting of top session players from Australia, featuring Damon Grant who has worked in dozens of bands and orchestras, arranged soundtracks for film, radio, and TV and has performed at bars, theatre and music festivals around the world.
MISHKA ADAMS & BETO CALETTI
Mishka is from the UK with a style fusion of cultural and melodic expression joined by Beto, an award-winning musician from Argentina who has performed at different festivals around the world
An energetic blues band from the Philippines. The first band from Asia to be the finalist of the International Blues Challenge for two consecutive years.
A refreshing take on jazz classics featuring Nicole Tejedor on saxophone and Vanessa Ramos Celestial on trombone
JAZZMATIK featuring ALVIN CORNISTA
Saxophonist and composer, a regular of Manila bar and hotel scene and has toured with Norah Jones and Paul Anka
Known for their lively and bold performances onstage, the band has established a loyal following since its formation in 2002. Their music is classified as blues, jump swing, even boogie!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.