September 9, 2018
POWER LUNCH WITH WILLIE SOONG
You might have passed The Wellington at the Fort.
The Wellington is in fact THE Willie Soong. And the building at the Fort is where you can visit his babies: their names are Ferrari, Maserati and Aston Martin.
I first met Willie Soong a few years ago in Baguio for the 70th anniversary of Ferrari. Imagine 20 Ferraris lined up at the driveway of The Manor at Camp John Hay. What a sight!
He has since become a friend as I learned that he also loves music … and in fact is also the man behind Bose Philippines!
At this Power Lunch I learned, much belatedly – 15 years later – that he is also the man behind Racks! And that not only is he an entrepreneur but he went as far as developing the recipes for Racks’ ribs and sauces!
His stories on how he came to be associated with each brand he has represented in his life are priceless. I especially love his story on how he first got enamored by transistor radios in college not knowing that he would later be responsible for the sounds of all major concerts in the Philippines, including those of the Jackson 5 and the BeeGees, and the 1994 Miss Universe contest.
But what’s even more valuable is how, in spite of all his success, he has remained grounded, grateful and even generous.
Click on the video and join us at this Power Lunch! And find out what big luxury brand he is bringing in to next.
I wasn’t able to get the secret recipe for Racks’ baby back ribs … but he did share his secrets to success!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
By posting a comment in the section provided, you hereby agree to:
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.