September 4, 2019
PET PLODDING ON
Chief Justice Lucas Bersamin Jr. delivered his statement during his [last?] press conference last Wed, September 4, 2019. During that presscon he said, “I know the impatience of the public about this case of the vice president being protested but we should also be careful about what we do here because the credibility of our processes as well as of the political system here is at stake.”
“So dahan-dahan kami, but we are doing it with sufficient speed. Slow in the public’s perception but ‘yung speed namin kung tutuusin mo ay mabilis,” He said. He also added, “we have to be very careful what to decide here. We are aware that the public is uneasy about what they may call our foot-dragging, but it is not really foot-dragging.”
So far, the PET has completed the revision proceedings for the pilot provinces in Camarines Sur, Iloilo and Negros Oriental last Feb. 8. Both sides have professed victory, at the same time denying each other’s claims.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.