September 17, 2019
PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVENESS HAS NO PLACE IN POLITICS
The issue of granting the president emergency powers fell on Senator Grace Poe’s lap 3 years ago. She had a say because she headed the Public Services Committee. It was a hot issue back then because anything that had to do with Martial Law was a controversial topic. At first she said, it could be abused. Then again, that’s why the investigation was done so that rules and regulations could be created to avoid the abuse. She asked for the traffic master plan. DOTR gave it. After 3 years, the issue was resurrected. Apparently nothing was decided upon. She sat on the issue and decided to talk about it hoping it would further her popularity in time perhaps for the 2022 elections. Why? This is her last term as senator. It is natural that she would want to run for a higher office. After all, why waste such a good name [she was on the 2nd slot in the last elections].
Well, instead of people praising her for her pace. Instead of people commending her for making sure everything’s covered, they’re blaming her now for the traffic mess. She may not have caused the traffic, but she’s one of the reasons why everything is moving slowly. I hope she resolves this case soon and find another popular issue to ride on.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.