May 8, 2016
SHOW OF FORCE CONTEST AT MITING DE AVANCES. WHO WON?
Last night saw the Miting de Avance of the parties of presidential candidates Jejomar Binay, Rodrigo Duterte, Grace Poe and Mar Roxas.
Here’s a compilation of netizens’ documentation of last night’s political festivities.
DUTERTE IN LUNETA, CEBU, CDO, DAVAO & QATAR
There was no show of force greater than that of the party of Davao Mayor Rodrigo Duterte who had not only a million-strong crowd at Luneta but also simultaneous Miting de Avances in Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Davao and Qatar.
Manila. Luneta on its own had a tremendous turnout that was estimated to hit over a million supporters in attendance. Not even the Million People March had this many people in attendance.
Cebu. But it didn’t end there. Duterte supporters in Cebu also came out for a simultaneous Miting de Avance.
Davao. Davao supporters led by Duterte’s daughter Inday Sara also came out in full force.
MIRIAM HOLDS STREET PARTY
The ailing and trailing but fighting Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago for her part held a street party for the youth, who have her back.
MAR ROXAS AT QUIRINO GRAND STAND
The Yellow Army and ABS CBN talents came in full force at the Quirino Grandstand. The Miting de Avance had no less than President Noynoy Aquino in attendance to show support for administration candidate Mar Roxas. Mrs. Mar Roxas – former news anchor Korina Sanchez – claims they had 150,000 in attendance.
BINAY RETURNS TO MAKATI
Vice President Jejomar Binay went back to his home court of Makati City for his Miting de Avance.
GRACE POE AT PLAZA MIRANDA
It was truly a night that showed, if anything, how, as a people, we are really passionate for politics.
Let’s hope that this time around the country gets a leader who will really serve the people and not just themselves!
Politics… It’s more fun in the Philippines!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
One Comment on “SHOW OF FORCE CONTEST AT MITING DE AVANCES. WHO WON?”
philippines says May 17, 2016 at 10:16 am
It’s difficult to find knowledgeable people in this particular topic, however, you seem like you
know what you’re talking about! Thanks