July 28, 2014
ManilaSpeak’s Google Hangout: State of the Nation Address 2014
ManilaSpeak.com is the country’s first all-opinion website. It seeks to be a venue for well-thought out commentary and hopes to inspire a thinking public.
Today ManilaSpeak hosts the first ever post-SONA Google Hangout where the public can watch live commentary by ManilaSpeak authors at 6:00 p.m.
Panelists for the Google Hangout are:
Dr. Benjamin Diokno, PhD
University of the Philippines Economics Professor and former Budget Secretary Ben Diokno will discuss the state of the Philippine economy.
Find more articles by Dr. Ben Diokno in his bi-weekly column in ManilaSpeak.com:
Atty. Rod Vera
Intellectual property lawyer Rod Vera will comment on the Freedom of Information Bill and other legal issues.
Read Atty. Rod Vera’s commentary on legal issues in his weekly column in ManilaSpeak.com
The Sweat of the Brow
Fr. Benny Tuazon
Fr. Benny Tuazon is the Executive Director for the Ministry on Ecology of the Archdiocese of Manila. He is an advocate for protecting the environment.
Read his ManilaSpeak column:
Nurture Our World, NOW
Pacita “Chit” Juan is a social entrepreneur, responsible for the social enterprise ECHOstore, the first specialty store of its kind in the Philippines. She also heads the Philippine Coffee Board Inc. and the Women’s Business Council of the Philippines.
Read her weekly column in ManilaSpeak:
Rey Langit is the one of the most recognizable voices on Philippine radio. A multi-awarded broadcaster who has been covering the news since the time of Martial Law, he is currently the Chairman of the Metro Manila Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas (Metro Manila – KBP) and anchor of IZ Balita Nationwide on dwIZ 882 kHz.
Read his weekly column in ManilaSpeak:
Margaux Salcedo, former newscaster of GMA7, will moderate the Google Hangout.
Find her on Twitter @margauxsalcedo
A List of Topics That Touch On The SONA
[catlist commentary numberposts=”6″ tags=”SONA”]
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.