September 24, 2016
PUBLIC TOILET IN CEBU NOW GENDER-NEUTRAL
Hooray for the gender-sensitive province of Cebu!!
Here’s some good news for the LGBT community and the rest of the clean-toilet-loving people:
The classy little municipality of Liloan in Cebu City is taking the lead in having not only clean but also politically correct, not to mention culturally-enriching public restrooms.
In an Instagram post, the indefatigable Liloan Mayor Christina Garcia Frasco gave a “sneak peek” of the newly improved public restroom in their Municipal Plaza.
The restroom will be one of the first in the country with a gender neutral stall.
The toilet also boasts of better facilities for persons with disabilities as well as being kid-friendly.
Best of all, the walls feature the artwork of one of their local artists, jewelry designer Strozzi Abecel Rosende on the toilet’s facade.
This toilet will be launched on October 1.
Sometimes the government might stink, but it seems that in Liloan, they make sure it doesn’t!!
Here’s a sneak peak at our newly improved Public Restroom at the Municipal Plaza — it now includes a #genderneutral restroom, better facilities for persons with disabilities, it’s kid-friendly, and features the artwork of Liloan’s very own artist @strozzistawzeeh ? Part of our efforts to improve and elevate #governmentservice — one public facility at a time.? Launching on October 1st! #abanteliloan #liveloveliloan #TeamFrasco #ChargingForward #Liloan #Cebu
Good job, Mayor Frasco! Hopefully other LGUs follow your lead!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.