November 15, 2018
IMELDA MARCOS: ADVANCED AGE AND AFFLICTIONS
Former senator Juan Ponce Enrile was arrested for plunder and because he was over 70 years old when the non-bailable offense was allegedly committed, he and his lawyers that he deserved bail. Surprisingly, the Supreme Court agreed. Now, after a few years, he is running again for the Senate.
Congresswoman Imelda Marcos seems to be using the same logic to avoid jail time while running again for public office. Too sick to be jailed after the conviction, but well enough to run for governor.
Why isn’t anyone asking – why did it take more than 2 decades (27 years) for Imelda to get a conviction? A conviction that isn’t even final since she can still file for a motion for reconsideration and appeal it to the Supreme Court later on. Why hasn’t she been arrested?
A copy of the Sandiganbayan’s conviction:
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.