May 29, 2016
Congratulations Mayor-elect Christina Garcia-Frasco
We at ManilaSpeak congratulate our founding columnist Christina Garcia-Frasco for being declared the Mayor-Elect of Liloan, Cebu. She received 29,410 votes and won by more than 10,000 votes against Vice Mayor Lucelito Pilapil, who got 18,718.
Atty. Christina Garcia Frasco is the sweetheart of the Province of Cebu. She is the daughter of Cebu Congresswoman and former Governor Gwen Garcia and married to Liloan Mayor Duke Frasco. But more than turning heads with her stunning beauty, she is also an intellectual in her own right. Atty. Frasco is a senior associate at Romulo Mabanta Buenaventura Sayoc & de los Angeles Law Office. With a degree from the Ateneo Law School, she is also a professor of law at the University of San Carlos.
Read her column Vantage Point here.
As this campaign season comes to a close, I thank all of you who have been with us every day and every night at every barangay, sitio, and purok, from the streets to the mountains.
Thank you for believing in our cause, and for helping us spread our message of unity, hope, and continuity.
I thank my family and friends for their unwavering support. I thank God for his guidance and grace.
I started this campaign telling myself that I would give it my all. I end it having received from people from all walks of life so much more in return.
Gikan sa kina-ilagman sa akong kasing-kasing, daghan kaayong salamat kaninyong tanan. Dili ko gyud kini hikalimtan.
Illustration by Rica Palomo-Espiritu/Photos from the Facebook page of Atty. Garcia-Frasco
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.