April 3, 2017
CARICATURE OF THE WEEK: VP LENI ROBREDO
I was actually doing another commissioned sketch when I came across VP Leni’s pic on my facebook feed. It was too precious to pass. After reading on how her video affected hundreds of OFWs abroad, their stories and how they have to explain what “it really meant”, her smile started to take on a different meaning for me. She’d smile so sweetly and put on the charm as she mouths off unverified statistics. Trying to disarm people with a smile, painting a pretty picture vs. the foul-mouthed, uncouth president she serves.
Anyway, this post isn’t about that, it’s about how the caricature came to be.
After cleaning up the image, I decided to give it different shades of yellow – the color of the party she represents. That is, the LP, Liberal Party of the Philippines.
This is the second caricature I’ve done on Leni Robredo. This was what I did last 2015:
At that time, her striking feature was her eyes. Just showing how much my style has changed throughout the years.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.