May 20, 2015
BCDA Cannot Take Over Camp John Hay’s Manor, Golf Club
Business As Usual at Camp John Hay
Employees of Camp John Hay business can rest easy now, assured that there will be no eviction happening in Camp John Hay’s hotels and golf club, even as BCDA insists on the execution of a Notice to Vacate against Camp John Hay Development Corp. (CJHDevCo), the developer of Camp John Hay.
“The golf club never got its authority or rights from CJHDevCo,” Sobrepena explained. “The golf club was created to comply with the condition of BCDA that (the developers) put up a golf course and golf club in Camp John Hay. It is an independent, SEC-registered corporation, operating and compliant under SEC laws. The golf club in turn sold membership shares to the public as directed and mandated by BCDA iteslef under the original lease agreement. These members who purchased shares have rights to the golf club until 2046,” Sobrepena added.
BCDA will have to wait until 2046 if it wants to take over The Manor or the golf club. “The hotels and various condotel locators also have rights to use those rooms as they see fit until 2046,” Sobrepena explained.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.