September 8, 2013
10 for 10
Miriam’s Top 10 Statements on the P10-Billion Pork Barrel Scam
Rabid, candid, fierce, honest, naysayer, crazy, fearless, fair. Say what you will about Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago but one thing’s for sure: she has a lot to say! In a political arena that seems to espouse the saying “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”, Senator Miriam is often the only one with the guts to break the silence and say what’s on her mind.
So as an ode to the lady senator who has been so vocal on an issue where most are too timid to speak, we give you a rundown of Senator Miriam’s top 10 statements on the P10-Billion Pork Barrel Scam.
Finally a logical suggestion to reaching a permanent solution to the problem unearthed by the discovery of the P10-Billion Pork Barrel Scam.
A standard P500,000 wage for all senators says Madame Santiago. Fair and square. No need to dip into the country’s coffers.
8. “Dapat ang salary ng highest official should be tied to the lowest employee in government, which is minimum wage. We cannot increase our salaries of senators, congressmen and other high officials without raising the salaries of the lowest paid. Dapat tied ‘yan sila.”
Equality and fairness – consistent traits of Sen. Santiago.
A special shout out to Cong. Lani Mercado. You just stepped into the fierce lady senator’s crosshairs.
This is what Madame Santiago wants for her colleagues who will be proven guilty. Jailed for life and beyond!
Oh yes, she did! Senator Miriam just shed light on how much a senator can earn. Better watch out notorious fellow senators!
4. “[Making sure the money goes to the right beneficiaries and is spent properly] are [a senator’s] personal responsibility. You cannot just plead that other agencies have been created for the sole purpose of checking those NGOs. That is such a lame excuse. It’s an evasion of responsibility.”
Beware Jinggoy, someone just called you out on your explanation of your actions in this entire mess!
The candid lady senator is raring to ask this of the now-infamous Janet Lim-Napoles of the P10-Billion Pork Barrel Scam fame. Known for her extravagant lifestyle, Napoles has certainly earned the ire of Madame Santiago.
The distinguished senator didn’t even bother exempting herself from her suggested punishment. She shares the blame even though in this issue she is blameless.
Sen. Santiago had this to say to her colleagues who are implicated in the P10-Billion Pork Barrel Scam. According to her, this is how they should respond to the issue. Straight to the point!
We know not if Senator Miriam has had anything to do with the rampant corruption plaguing the country today, but at least in this issue it seems as if she is on the side of truth. So join us in looking forward to what this candid politician has to say in the future as we leave you with a glimpse into one of the lady senator’s ambitions in life:
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
3 Comments on “10 for 10”
Boboy Zizon says September 9, 2013 at 12:38 pm
she is making fun of
tronc2051 says September 10, 2013 at 3:46 pm
Give them hell Senator! We the decent citizens of this country are rooting for you..
Miley says July 2, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Yan lang ang may Lung Cancer na stage 4 na ang taba-taba parin… di kaya its a JOKE also….!