January 30, 2016
To Hoverboard or Not To Hoverboard?
I know many moms and dads have gifted their children with these smart balance scooters a.k.a. swagways, self balancing scooters, powerboards and/or hoverboards (even if it’s not the same as the real hoverboard in Back To The Future), but at P12,000 to P20,000 per unit, I know many moms and dads who have also held back and are still deciding on whether or not they should buy these boards for their kids.
They definitely look easy and fun to use…
Brand New Video for the brand new year! (Link in bio) Honestly I just wanted to focus on having FUN for this video. So hopefully if your in need of a smile, you can watch this and get lost for 3 minutes! ?? Starring some of my favorite dancers @seanlew1125 @kensanjose @hiphoptdc @bigwillsimmons @officialjoshprice // with cameos by @josh_killacky @evan_whysomoody @_jakedeanda_ #boysquad #Botboys #Botbroz #segwaydancehistory #segwaydance #hoverboard #airboard #segwayboard #movingmonuments
but we must still consider some of the safety issues brought up in connection with these machines, particularly in the US and the UK. Fortunately, there have been no major issues here in the Philippines. Just make sure that if you do decide to buy one you go to a reputable store to avoid purchasing unsafe versions.
Personally, however, my biggest concern is just being able to balance on it. It doesn’t matter whether young or old, fat or thin—sometimes gravity can really get the best of us.
Only you can really say whether or not these boards are for you or for your kids but if you know you can’t balance well I suggest you just find something else to buy. As the old saying goes, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Happy hovering! 🙂
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.