January 12, 2019
GOLDEN GLOBES 2019
Now that the Christmas season is over and we’ve all welcomed the New Year, we start to get back to our routines and that includes all the annual Hollywood awards shows. The Golden Globes, held on January 6th, kicked off this year’s award season.
Here are some of my favorites from last Sunday’s red carpet…
The multi-talented superstar Lady Gaga, whose dress literally took up the entire red carpet…
While others may find this Valentino Couture gown over-the-top, I think this was perfect for Lady Gaga. It was elegant and very old Hollywood (reminiscent of Judy Garland’s outfit in the 1954 version of A Star Is Born), which played to her new vibe but still made a big statement. I couldn’t have imagined her winning her first Golden Globes award in anything less. It just wouldn’t have seemed right.
Charlize Theron looked stunning as always in this Dior Haute Couture number.
The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw her on the red carpet was her voice saying “J’adore” from her Dior perfume ad. Not everyone can rock a bow detail like she does.
Emily Blunt looked effortlessly cool in Alexander McQueen.
What I love about Emily Blunt is that she doesn’t stick to just one look. She likes to experiment with pieces and is able to look edgy but still very proper. The embroidery on this dress is so striking and the color of the fabric is beautiful.
The lady of the night, Sandra Oh, in Versace. She had multiple looks that night being the host of the show but I think this was her best look of the night.
I’m not a big fan of Sandra Oh outside of Grey’s Anatomy but I love the cut and draping of this Versace dress and I love that it was a momentous night for Sandra Oh at this year’s Golden Globes. She’s the first Asian to host a major Hollywood awards show and she didn’t just host the event, she also won the award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Drama, which was her second Golden Globes win, making her also the first Asian to win multiple Golden Globes.
Saoirse Ronan giving off a very Gatsby vibe in Gucci.
I love all the Gatsby feels and I think this dress is superb (though maybe could have been fit better in the chest area). I like that she did something different and unexpected this year.
Lady in red Laura Dern in Valentino.
This might be too bleh for some people but I really like the unique pattern of the fabric. Her overall look probably could’ve been better with a different hairstyle and more accessories but, nonetheless, the dress is still one of my favorites of the night.
Lastly, Emmy Rossum pretty in pink.
She looked gorgeous in this gown by our very own, Monique Lhuillier. And this was just the perfect shade of pink.
What were your favorites?
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.