February 24, 2016
World’s 50 Best Restaurant Awards Update
So excited for this year’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards because for the first time it will be held in New York City!
For 14 years, the World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards has been held in London, having been a project, after all, of Restaurant Magazine, the UK’s leading magazine dedicated to the restaurant industry.
The awards will be livestreamed anyway at this link: www.finedininglovers.com.
But the ceremony is a great gathering of chefs – the Oscars of the chefs’ world, so to speak – making it an event to look forward to.
Since it is the the WORLD’s 50 Best after all, organizers are now taking the ceremony literally around the world, and the first stop is New York City, where it will take place on June 13 at Cipriani Wall Street, Manhattan.
Will this bring old favorites like Per Se and Daniel’s back to the top of the list? Let’s see!
Meanwhile, Asia’s 50 Best will also have a new setting this year.
Since it was launched, the Asia’s 50 awards had been held in Singapore. The upcoming Asia’s 50 awards ceremony, the 4th, will this time be held in Bangkok, Thailand.
It seems there will be a LOT of Filipinos in attendance this year as Asia’s Best Female Chef is Filipina beauty Margarita Fores. There is also loud buzz that our adopted Español Chef Chele Gonzalez’ Vask also made the list this year.
Who knows, Asia’s 50 Best might consider the Philippines as their next destination as well for the ceremonies!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.