June 8, 2018
WITTY BACK TO SCHOOL WRITINGS (Part 1 of 3)
It’s back to school (well, for some schools) and I just remembered all the funny and emotional pieces from Write Things Manila’s young writers that were included in their annual anthology, In Our Own Words.
Enjoy the pieces and reminisce your own school days.
From In Our Own Words Volume 1, 2014
I’M LATE, I’M LATE!
by Sachi (written when she was 9 years old)
Oh no! I cannot be late!
I rub my eyes, even twice!
But the time is still there!
I am huffing and puffing!
I run down the stairs while fixing my hair!
I gobble up my breakfast, all in one gulp!
I rush out of the door and onto the street!
At last, I made it, running very fast!
And I am not last to enter the class!
by Amanda (written when she was 8 years old)
Oh, pencil, Oh, pencil
Why were you created?
I wish you were not here
So there would be no homework to write
If you could go away,
my day would be happy and bright.
Young Writers’ Hangout: Creative Writing Classes for Kids and Teens at Fully Booked, BGC
- June 23
- July 7 and 21
- August 4 and 18
Creative Writing for Adults at Fully Booked, BGC
- June 30: Online Writing with Tarie Sabido
For inquiries and registration about creative writing classes by Write Things Manila, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send inquiries at http://bit.ly/WriteThings
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.