November 18, 2017
THE REAL MEANING OF EMOJIS (PART 2)
My curiosity about the real meaning of emojis continues this week. Here are more of my amusing discoveries:
Real meaning: Attractive women as this is Japan’s take on Playboy bunnies
Comet or star emoji
Real meaning: dizzy symbol
Real meaning: please or thank you
Real meaning: Face with OK gesture
Real meaning: a love hotel, the hotel that can be used for an hour
Real meaning: Information desk girl
Real meaning: a symbol that means good luck in Japanese culture
Then, I saw this drawing on Instagram by artist Mo Welch which is so fitting for my topic.
Isn’t it so accurate?
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing class is the place to be. Check out our monthly writing classes and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens: Young Writers’ Hangout – December 2 and December 9 (1:30pm-3pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to join one of our writing classes? Register now!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.