November 10, 2017
THE REAL MEANING OF EMOJIS
When words are not enough to express how we feel, thank god for emojis. When emojis express how we feel better than words, thank god for emojis. When we are in a hurry to send a message and don’t have time to type words, thank god for emojis. But what intrigued me was an article about the real meaning of emojis (and some shocked me, too).
Here’s the first part of my emoji discovery focusing on faces:
Real meaning: A sleepy drool face
Ill with cold sweats face
Real meaning: disappointed but relieved face
Real meaning: astonished face
Real meaning: a grimace of discomfort
Face with steam coming out the nose
Real meaning: Triumphant face
Real meaning: someone who is persevering
Face of someone who has just eaten their least favorite food
Real meaning: a confounded face
Face without mouth
Real meaning: represents silence
Real meaning: tired face
We all have our own meaning when we use emojis for our friends and family—and that’s totally fine.
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing class is the place to be. Check out our monthly writing classes and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens:
- Young Writers’ Hangout – November 18, December 2, and December 9 (1:30pm-3pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to join one of our writing classes? Register now!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.