December 28, 2013
The Impatience of Words
There are days when
There is no seduction,
There is no gentle wooing,
There is only demand.
They accost me as I walk home
In the dark, with weariness leadening my limbs,
And shove me against a rough brick wall,
Untethering my clothes, grabbing me
Where I feel things most keenly
And they enter me, standing up
Roughly, with no mercy at all,
Forcing from me the images
I would hold back
From public view
And draw from my lips
Mewling sounds I would deny.
They stroke me under the sheets
As I sleep all of the paltry hours
Of an extended nap
And make me yield my mind,
Tear from me my dreams
And waken me into
A world not my own,
Alien, yet of my own making,
Familiar, yet out of my control.
They bruise me as I reach
Into the ref to grab food,
Bend me over but good
And penetrate me until
All I can do is surrender
To a greater appetite than
The hunger tearing at my belly.
They grab me by the hair
And slam me into my desk
And force their way
Through my bloodstream
When all I want to do
Is write the news.
Just won’t wait.
Sometimes I don’t want them to.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.