March 14, 2016
Capturing Moments Using the Zumi DashCam Lite
Months ago, while I was walking in Glorietta. I couldn’t help but notice the weekend pop-up bazaar lined up along Marks & Spencer and Old Navy. From religious icons to ceramic knives, there were a lot of cool and interesting things on sale. What caught my attention was an obscurely located booth with small cameras on display. At first, I thought they were a type of Go Pro camera. As I looked closer, I realized they were no ordinary cameras. They were dashboard HD cameras, the type used in U.S. police cars! It is very useful, especially on Philippine roads.
Why am I featuring this? In a country like ours, road accidents and other car-related issues are rampant. We need an equalizer, a silent and unbiased witness, that will help show the facts so violators will pay for their crime and prove the innocence of those who were thought to be at fault.
So what is the Zumi DashCam Lite?
The Zumi DashCam Lite is a compact and sturdy High Definition camera that can capture and record scenic views while driving. It can capture and record accidents within close view from your car’s dashboard. It can even record events of graft and corruption which some traffic enforcers are guilty of.
It’s also connective because you can share the recordings with your friends and followers through social media. Plus, you can observe your own driving habits. You can prevent the bad habits that can lead you to get into accidents.
Features of the Zumi DashCam Lite
- Parking Mode – This is a feature that kicks in when an impact has been made to your vehicle when parked
- Auto ON/OFF – Recording can be started or stopped when your car is turned on or off
- G-Sensor Activated – Gravity Sensors save and lock files automatically in case of collisions
- Motion Detection – Activate camera upon detecting external movements
- SOS Button – Manually save and lock files with one press of a button
- Loop Record – Overwrite oldest unsaved files to maximize memory
- Date and Time Stamp – See the date and time on your camera display and video footage
- Built in Microphone – Record all audio and sounds within range
- 1080 p resolution
- 4X Zoom
- 6-PC LED for Night Mode
- 2.7” LCD Screen and On Screen Display
- 140 Degree Wide View Angle
- 5 Megapixel Camera
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
- MicroSD card compatible
- Multiple Language option
- Camera & sensor: 5.0MP with CMOS sensor
- Screen: 2.7” LCD Display Lens 140° A+ grade high resolution, ultra wide-angle lens
- Video Resolution: (changeable) 1080FHD 1920×1080@25fps / 1080P 1440×1080@30fps / 720P 1280×720@30fps / WVGA 848×480@30fps / VGA 640×480@30fps / QVGA 320×240@30fps
- Video Compression: M-JPEG File Format Video as AVI, photo as JPEG Interface AV OUT / USD / HDMI
- Temperature Storage: -10°C-70°C, Operation: -10°C-60°C
- Memory card: Up to 32GB Certification CE / Rohs / FCC / CCC
- Night Vision: 6pcs LED fill light.
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Battery: Lithium polymer battery 3.7V/200mAh Product Size 9.9(L) x 4.9(W) x 3.2(H) cm.
What comes with the box?
- Car Charger
- Suction Bracket
- USB Cable
- User Manual
- 8 GB MicroSD card
- Parking mode Cable
All of the information here is based on what I saw in the booth (given the limited time I had there). I’m sure that if I was to be able to try this out on a practical level, I will be able to give you a practical perspective. I can share how the camera can work in the long run, given the road conditions that we all have to go through as frequent drivers.
The fact of the matter is the DashCam (based on the available literature available and the accounts of various people from all over the world that have it) is a very useful and handy tool. You may never know what can happen in a second, a minute, or hour, the moment you get in and drive your vehicle.
What’s important here also is that it is very much available in the Philippine market. Thanks to the efforts of Stephanie See Dee, a Filipina who worked for a long time in Singapore. She came back as an entrepreneur to offer a practical and efficient dash camera for Filipinos from all walks of life.
Lastly, and I think this the most important part―the Zumi DashCam Lite sells at retail at only P3,000. The owner has been kind enough to give you, the reader, a special 20% discount for pre-orders by simply sharing this article with the hashtags (#TechTuesdays #ManilaSpeak #ZumiDashCamLite). For inquiries, you can reach her directly at 0917-8790388 or email her at email@example.com.
Thank you and stay safe always. Remember, prevention is always the best solution!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.