June 13, 2017
THE REAL BANANA PHONE
I couldn’t believe it when I first saw this weird gadget online in an Indiegogo Profile. By the way, you can find the craziest tech innovators in this site if you invest enough time sifting through the many go fund me accounts.
Growing up, I have always known the Nokia Banana phone of the 90s. This invention has just literally taken the cake out of this classic mobile phone forerunner and turned it into a funny yet creative way of saving one of the world’s most endangered animals.
So going back to this story, I saw this and it just made me laugh so loud that I just had to share this for this Tuesday’s article.
The Banana Phone is created and founded by three long time best friends: Brian Brunsing, the Founder and President, is a Sr. Account Manager for Visa Inc. and specializes in global e-commerce payment consulting for Fortune 500 and Ecom top 100 organizations; Charlie Katrycz, Founder and CTO, is an AutoDesk AIR (Artist In Residency) Alumni, founder of Loonskin Labs, and a prop designer/ fabricator for Walter Klassen FX; and Max Brown, Founder + CEO ,is the Director of Sales for Garrett Leather Corporation, the world’s largest privately owned Italian leather distributor.
These 3 men created a phone that can connect wirelessly to your smartphone via Bluetooth and be activated by Siri or Google Assistant.
Priced at $40, 1% of its profits will go directly to their NGO partner, Gearing Up 4 Gorillas, that specializes on the rescue and protection of these beautiful animals.
Photos and videos were grabbed from Indiegogo
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.