August 19, 2014
iPhone 6 or…iPhone Air?
Lately, there have been rumors about bigger screens for the next generation of iPhones which are scheduled for release next month. A Chinese website now claims that Apple is making its large size part of its name. 9to5 Mac, the Hong Kong-based Apple Daily, posted photos of what claims to be are components of the new iPhone.
While the 4.7- and 5.5-inch screens are a given, the larger iPhone will be called the iPhone 6L. I don’t know how the site discovered the name since it doesn’t appear on any of the photos. But as of now, it is what it is. I guess we will find out the truth on the launching day.
The question now is: What will Apple call its smaller version of the new iPhone? Some rumors out there are saying that it could be called the iPhone 6C, but that’s unlikely because C means cheap so I don’t think so. Since the 4.7-inch iPhone will be sporting a totally brand-new design, the “cheap” label will not make sense at all. Plus, since when has Apple ever sold “cheap” products?
If you’re thinking “6S”, it won’t work either. The “S” has always been reserved for the second better perfected generation of a particular iPhone design, and this year’s new iPhones will feature all-new models. It is more likely that the 4.7-inch iPhone will simply be called the iPhone6.
Apple Daily also claims to have news on some of the battery specs. The iPhone 6L will pack a 2,915 milliamp-hour (mAh) battery while the 4.7-inch will be 1,810 mAh, according to the report. On the other hand, the iPhone 5S has a 1,560-mAh battery. Now do the math!
Anyway, that pretty much sums all the rumors that I have for you this Tuesday. And apart from what’s already been rumored these past few months, the new iPhones are also being geared to have a nearly “unbreakable” sapphire-crystal screen for all you careful owners.
In closing, although production difficulties may lead to either higher prices or delays, the new phones will most definitely have faster chips. These will run on the new and very much-anticipated iOS 8.
So, get your calendars ready Apple fans! Rumor has it that there will be a major event on September 9. Who knows? That could be the big day for newer and greater things for us. Another anticipated launch on September 9 is the iWatch, the new operating system of the iPhone: the iOS 8.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments. Thanks!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.