April 27, 2018
SHOUTOUT TO YOUNG WRITERS
Write Things Manila is having their 6th run of their Summer Creative Writing Workshop for kids and teens. It’s a 6-day creative writing workshop on May 7, 9, 11, 14,16 and 18 at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street, Taguig at 1:30pm-3:30pm for 8-12 year olds and 4pm-6pm for 13-17 year olds.
Guest authors have been invited to the summer workshops and for this year they will have children’s book author, Russell Molina.
Photos from Goodreads, Pumplepie.com
A poet is also dropping by, Mikael de Lara Co, winner of the Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Poetry and Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Poetry in Filipino.
Write Things Manila has met so many inspiring young writers and one of them is 3rd grader, Yelena. Here is a short piece from her from Write Things’ annual anthology, In Our Own Words where notable works of their young writers are featured.
(From the Stepmom’s Point of View)
I’m Cinderella’s stepmother. I was really happy that she married the Prince. But I want to tell you the real story. I was so excited about the ball. I bought fabric for the gowns. Unfortunately, before I could make one last gown, I ran out of fabric. I didn’t have enough money to buy more. We drew straws to pick who couldn’t go. Unfortunately, Cinderella got the longest straw. We didn’t see Cinderella at the ball. I only saw a glass slipper lying on the floor.
The next day, before dawn, I saw a glass slipper on the table. I picked it up. But I gripped it too hard that it shattered. Cinderella woke up and saw the shards and thought that I broke it. At that very moment, a prince came into the room and let Cinderella wear it. The prince asked me if I wanted to join the family but the king said no. So, I secretly attended the wedding disguised as a bush.
For inquiries and registration about creative writing classes and workshop for kids and teens, contact 0945-2273216 or email email@example.com. You can also send inquiries here. For more information, visit writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.