June 23, 2018
SHELVED WISHES EXHIBIT
I saw a Facebook ad that really caught my attention recently because of its intriguing title. The ad is for an exhibit at the Prism Gallery entitled Shelved Wishes. It is a group exhibit of the Shelved Wishes Collective. Shelved Wishes is a Filipino visual artists and creative writers collective founded in 2017.
Prism Gallery described the exhibit as “the wishes that we had made when we were children, no matter how simple and impossible they may seem; are the most sincere, personal things. We know by heart that they may have just been shelved to materialize, until that perfect time arrives”.
Here’s a sneak peek of some of my favorite artwork (and maybe my shelved wishes too!):
Photo credits: Prism Gallery Facebook
This visual collection of artists’ dreams runs until June 30, 2018 and entrance to the exhibit is free. Prism Gallery is located at the G/F of Island Tower Condominium, 239 Salcedo Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City. For more details contact 886-3947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Writing Class for Adults at Fully Booked BGC
- June 30: Online Writing with Tarie Sabido
Young Writers’ Hangout: Creative Writing Classes for Kids and Teens at Fully Booked BGC
- July 7 and 21
- August 4 and 18
- September 1 and 15
- October 6 and 13
- November 10 and 24
- December 1 and 8
For inquiries and registration about creative writing classes by Write Things Manila, email email@example.com. You can also send inquiries at http://bit.ly/WriteThings
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.