December 14, 2013
My dress is all tattered:
Fierce winds whipped and ripped it.
My skin is marred deeply and bleeding
From the impact of fallen debris,
My very bones ache
From the whiplash of being
Thrown against rock
Or into the churning sea
Or against the timbers
Of flying trees.
I look a mess, I know,
And I feel even worse:
I see streets lined
With the dead splayed
Beneath tarpaulins and mud.
So many of my children
Lie unburied for so many more
Are hurt yet still living,
Are sundered from their families,
Lost among the hungry throng
Seeking shelter where there is none.
My face is shattered:
The tears that won’t stop
Cascading like tsunami
Down to my battered, torn heart.
You have seen my beauty
And my elegance, the gentle sway
Of my body in the calm sea
And over the soft, green hills.
Now that I have been wrecked,
You will see my strength
As I gather my dead,
As I tend my wounded,
As I rebuild the broken house
With strong walls and open doors.
You will see resilience
When the beauty is stripped away
And you will know how strong
My children are, and how well
I have loved them and love them still.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.