February 12, 2016
Passion Improves Your Craft
What is your day job? Night job? (if they are different)
I’m a full time illustrator.
If you didn’t do what you do, what would you be doing?
I’d be working in an office doing marketing-related activities.
How did you start as a doodle artist?
I started doodling when I was in 2nd year college. I’ve been drawing since I was a kid and tried different types of it such as still life, portraits, etc. But I found myself most comfortable in doodling when I did my first doodle page. I have to say, it’s kinda messed up but hey, it’s a doodle.
How long have you been doodling? When did you decide it was more than a hobby?
Turning 4 years now, I guess? Lol. It became a hobby when I found myself doodling more often than I was suppose to listen to the professors. Nevertheless, I got good grades.
How often do you draw?
Whenever and wherever I get the chance to. I always make sure to draw/doodle so I can enhance my skills. Also, with practicing, I think you get to find your own style because you discover which may and may not work for you, and which may and may not make you feel happy.
Do you have a favorite way of drawing letters and words?
I like swirls, wavy lines, and patterns. I like making it simple for the people to easily identify the object/image yet intricate enough to make it look whimsical, and detailed.
Is there any discipline required, too, from your point of view?
Passion – it what makes me want to try new things, to experiment, and to be more of what I can do and offer. Passion is what drives you to be better and to create beautiful things that people can appreciate (hopefully). Passion is the reason why you want to improve your craft.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.