September 15, 2017
MORE THAN BOOKS AT THE MIBF
I was at the first day of the Manila International Book Fair. For those who are going this weekend, be prepared for two floors of book shops!
I also happily discovered knick-knacks and artwork at the book fair.
It has notepads with funny Pinoy sayings and notebook with artwork by Joanne de Leon at the Tahanan Books booth
Framed abstract illustrations inspired by books such as Tender is the Night, Wuthering Heights, Emma, The Prince, The Picture of Dorian Gray and Orlando at the humongous Fully Booked booth.
1700 Philippine map and Philippine heritage placements at the Silahis booth
Meganon Comics Publishing House’s booth with sayings that will make you pause and read (and unfortunately block the way!). You can even have a blind date at the book fair!
The eye catching booth of ABC Children’s Books at the second floor of the book fair where all the books for young adult and children are located.
But the best booth design for me goes to Lampara also located at the second floor of the fair. The booth was designed by one of my favorite local artist, Liza Flores, and Studio Dialogo.
You still have time to visit the Manila International Book Fair that will be open until 8pm on Sunday, September 17, 2017 at the SMX Convention Center. And oh, if you get hungry while book shopping, there’s an Albergus cart going around the fair with snacks and drinks! I couldn’t resist their Kutsinta.
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing class is the place to be. Check out our monthly writing classes and Facebook page.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens and Adults:
- Young Writers’ Hangout – September 23, October 7, and October 21 (1:30pm-3pm)
- Adult Creative Writing Class with Karina Bolasco (Turning Ideas into Books) – November 11 (1:30pm-4:30pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email email@example.com.
Want to join one of our writing classes? Register now!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.