August 20, 2016
There are thrilling literary events in Manila to look forward to in the coming weeks! It’s going to be a feast for lovers of reading and writing.
Readers and Writers Festival
August 26-28, 2016
I remember two years ago when I first attended this festival. I was able to attend a talk by Amy Tan who was their guest author. Last year, I attended interesting writing sessions.
This year, they invited writers Adam Johnson, Paula McLain, and Anna Todd. Also, there will be three days of engaging events from Memoir Writing to a Poetry Reading Session to writing about what you love and sharing it to the world (and a whole lot more!). Visit their website for the complete list of events.
Dahlightful Weekend Workshop
September 10-11, 2016
Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street Branch
Roald Dahl’s 100th birthday is on September 13! Fully Booked is celebrating with a Dalhlightful Weekend with workshops all about Roald Dahl from writing, art, to calligraphy. Our creative writing center, Where the Write Things Are, will have a Roald Dahl inspired writing class on September 10.
Check out all the Dahlightful workshops.
Manila International Book Fair
September 14-18, 2016
SMX Convention Center
The 37th Manila International Book Fair is just a few weeks away! Plus, there will be events such as a Storytelling competition, Story Writing Workshop, and even an annual Wattpad Meetup. Check out their website for schedule of events.
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our monthly classes at writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
- Creative Writing Class for Kids and Teens: Young Writers’ Hangout
September 3 and 17 (1:30pm-3pm)
September 10 (10am-12nn)
- Creative Writing for Adults: Fiction Writing with Menchu A. Sarmiento
October 8 (1:30pm-5:30pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email email@example.com.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.