December 21, 2013
Rise up to touch angels’ ears
As she stirs in handfuls of split peas
Golden as hope, glistening amid the soft roil.
These mundane things
Are the stuff of miracles.
Outside, the world is a filigree
Of complex ideas and idioms,
Rules and exceptions.
In her warm kitchen,
There is no such chaos.
There is only the alchemy
Of fire and water,
Metal and glass,
And a medley of succulent berries,
Goodly seeds, young shoots and ripe fruit
That spring from rich, dark earth.
Her kitchen opens to a journey back
To a time of simple joys
And healing wonder
Obvious to all who want to see.
Miracles, you see,
Are simple at the very core.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
One Comment on “Kitchen”
Auggusta de Almeidda says March 6, 2014 at 5:41 am
Simply a good poem!