July 15, 2017
KEN’S DIFFERENT PERSONA
When I read in New York Times last month about the launch of the new looks of Ken (aka Barbie’s boyfriend), I couldn’t help but remember our character writing exercises done by our writing mentors at our creative writing center, Where the Write Things Are.
There are 15 new Kens dolls! They represent different body types, skin tones, eye colors, hair colors, hairstyles, and fashion sense.
Now, here’s a little writing exercise from writingexercises.co.uk that you can do about character development using one (or more) of Ken’s new look.
- Write 10 truths and lies about the character
- Write about his weird personality
- Write about his life background
- Write about his contradictory traits
- Give him a zodiac sign and write about his personality based on his zodiac sign
- If he was an animal, what would he be?
- How would he interact with his family and friends?
Cheers to the many new Kens (especially to man bun Ken)!
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out out our monthly classes at writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens and Adults:
- Young Writers’ Hangout – July 22, August 5, August 19, September 9 & September 23 (1:30pm-3pm)
- Adult Creative Writing Class with Dean Francis Alfar (Speculative Fiction) – September 16 (1:30pm-4:30pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.