July 26, 2017
PRESS CONFERENCE: FATS AND SUGARS: FRIENDS OR FOES?
Local and international studies show that excessive levels of fructose could lead to the development of metabolic syndrome, raising risks for health problems such as diabetes. Related to this are the metabolic risks of overweight and obesity. Organized by the Philippine Center for Diabetes Education Foundation, Inc. (PCDEF), world-renowned endocrinologist, Dr. Robert H. Lustig, and Father of Philippine Endocrinology, Dr. Augusto D. Litonjua, will discuss the interdependencies among metabolism, added sugar and food intake, and help educate in making wiser dietary choices.
This video will be broadcast live on our facebook page and website.
Got questions for the speakers? Send them through our social media accounts.
(Editor’s note: The starting time may change due to scheduling constraints.)
This article is a historical analysis of how the US sugar industry was able to successfully, through Harvard Scientists, cast doubt about the hazards of sugar while promoting fat as the dietary culprit of Coronary Heart Disease.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
2 Comments on “PRESS CONFERENCE: FATS AND SUGARS: FRIENDS OR FOES?”
Jual Beli Produk Pertanian dan Perikanan says October 30, 2019 at 1:38 pm
When you order the bouquets online, you can have your list organized and possess
the flowers delivered your preferred location and time.
There are no particular flowers which may be
used only for presenting on birthdays. If the soil haas been prepared beforehand, a hole 30 * 30 cm will likely be
sufficient, but otherwise, for instance when planting the rose as a single plant
inside lawn, it will neewd being 50 * 50 cm.
Santri Muslim adalah brand Busana Muslim Pria yang Menjual Baju Koko & Sirwal dari Bandung Indonesia says January 27, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Hi! Quick question that’s completely off topic.Do
you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone4.
I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
If you have any recommendations, please share. Many thanks!