January 12, 2016
Margarita Forés Named Asia’s Best Female Chef for 2016
Since I can remember, I have been wanting to see Margarita Forés’ name up there alongside Asian greats and finally the day has come.
Margarita Fores was named Asia’s Best Female Chef for 2016 by the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurant Awards Jury.
Fores succeeds Chef Vicky Lau of Tate Dining Room in Hong Kong, who was Best Female Chef 2015; who succeeded Lanshu Chen of Le Mout Restaurant in Taiwan.
The World’s 50 Best through its Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants page has written a beautiful tribute to Fores on its website, calling her a “gregarious” chef with an “empire” that “extends to 28-year-old catering company Cibo di M, where she has fed the likes of former Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and the King and Queen of Spain”. See full article HERE.
Forés also headlines the much visited theworlds50best.com.
Forés―or Gaita as she is fondly called―is so adorable as she receives the announcement that she has been recognized as Asia’s Best Female Chef, saying she feels like Miss Universe!
She changed the Philippine culinary landscape in the 90s by introducing authentic Italian cooking, after returning from Italy. Her restaurant Cibo is now a staple in practically every Philippine mall, the go-to for delicious Italian fare at affordable rates. Her former showroom Pepato was a favorite in the 2000s, commended by visiting chef friend Chef Mario Batali. Forés’ new playground is Lusso in Greenbelt and continues catering for the President of the Philippines for state dinners such as the Inaugural dinner and APEC. She was also one of the forces that, in the words of World’s 50 Best, “gregariously” made Madrid Fusion Manila happen.
Forés will receive her award at the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016 ceremony in Bangkok, Thailand, on Monday 29th February.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
One Comment on “Margarita Forés Named Asia’s Best Female Chef for 2016”
Farmers are Part of Slow Food - I Am On the Streets says July 25, 2016 at 9:41 pm
[…] just the event cooked up (pardon the pun) for it on August 6 as our volunteer chef Margarita Fores (Asia’s Best female chef) shares her famous Grace Park restaurant menu with our farmers, yes real farmers that you the […]