May 19, 2017
The Power of Pen 7: Regional Food Convergence on May 20, 2017
Our vibrant Filipino culinary repository has come a long way. Since the beginning of our narrative as a people, food had scribbled our culture across all borders – its taste and flavors is one of the indicators of our identity.
This May 20, 2017, STRAM, Inc. is holding THE POWER OF PEN 7: REGIONAL FOOD CONVERGENCE which seeks to bring together accomplished researchers and writers to address scholarly inquiries on the Filipino culinary history, unravel local cuisines and foodways from different regions of the country, and further our gastronomic quest through promoting local colors and sustainable agricultural plan. Learn from the luminaries of food studies and research such as Ms. Michaela Fenix, Ms. Myrna Segismundo, Mr. Edgie Polistico, Dr. Macario Tiu, Ms. Cora Alvina, Culinary artists Mr. Claude Tayag, Mr. Myke Tatung, Ms. Amy Besa, Datu Shariff Pendatun III, and many more surprise speakers!
Join us and learn more about our regional cuisines and how you can participate in this cultural convergence! The registration fee of Php 2,500.00/person (VAT ex) will include refreshments, a kit, and a Certificate of Participation signed by all the speakers.
Students’ rate is at Php 2,000.00/person (VAT ex) which will also include refreshments and Certificate of Participation as signed by all speakers. A valid school ID is required for registration.
Promo rates apply for both professionals and students for a group of 3 at 10% off, and groups of 10 for 25% off. You may pre-register through this link:
Call: (02) 352.31.87, (02) 927.72.08, (02) 927.62.06 or 0906.385.9213.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.