October 16, 2015
Fiction in a Hurry
I was at the Prism Gallery in Makati to inquire about having a writing workshop at their gallery when I saw a very interesting photo exhibit. The exhibit, Short Stories: An exhibit of photographs and fiction in a hurry is by Giselle Kasilag. I was lucky to see the exhibit a day before it formally opened to the public.
I fell in love with the idea of photographs with imaginary stories about the scene. These make believe stories made the photographs intriguing. Giselle Kasilag is a photographer, journalist and co-owns Project Art, a creative consultancy firm engaged in curatorial, editorial and archival work.
I have too many favorites from the photo exhibit. One of them is entitled Dress-up.
“It all started on our first girls-only vacation. We found ourselves in a quaint shop filled with kimonos and a charming owner determined to suit us all up.
It was tight and complicated to wear. But each layer of clothing came with a story of ingenuity, resourcefulness and creativity woven into the very threads of the fabric. It was the story of a proud nation told in the most elegant fashion.
Since then, we have come to mark our travels with an afternoon playing dress-up. We have worn the hanbok, ao dai, cheongsam and sari.
Girls really do bond over clothes. We just chose a more unique way of doing so.”
My window and Orange also are my favorite stories.
Catch the exhibit until October 24 at Prism Gallery, Island Tower Condominium, Salcedo Street Legaspi Village, Makati. Gallery hours are from 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 9am-6pm, Saturday.
Where the Write Things Are: Creative Writing Classes for Kids and Teens
- Write Away! Weekend: Flash Fiction Writing with Gabriela Lee on October 24, 2015, 1-4pm at the Canadian American School Alphaland Makati Place
- Young Writers’ Hangout every first Saturday of the month at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street. (November 7/ December 5 – 1:30pm-3pm)
- Write Away! Weekend: Write and craft your own book with Neni Sta. Romana Cruz on November 14, 2015, 1:30-4:30pm at Fully Booked Bonifacio High Street.
For registration and fee details contact 0917-6240196/ email@example.com.
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our classes at write-things.com and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.