May 20, 2018
ROYAL WEDDING 2018
The wedding of the year finally happened! Meghan Markle is now HRH The Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry is officially off the market. Everyone eagerly awaited how the event would unfold—from how they would set up St. George’s chapel to the list of celebrities in attendance, what they would be wearing and, most of all, what Meghan Markle’s dress would look like. It was definitely a grand celebration but with that underlying simplicity and relaxed vibe of the couple.
So, first things first, let’s talk about the bride’s look. Everyone was raving about her Givenchy gown. Note that even though Givenchy is a french label, the designer of the gown, Clare Waight Keller, Artistic Director of the brand, is British to keep with tradition.
The all-white gown was simple but regal. There were no embellishments, but it was perfectly tailored, which the designer is known for.
Flowers representing the 53 commonwealth countries as well as Meghan Markle’s favorite flowers were hand embroidered on her cathedral veil.
Her look has been compared to the timeless style and elegance of “American royalty” Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy, who is also one of Meghan Markle’s fashion inspirations.
Of course, the Royal wedding look wouldn’t be complete without a tiara. Though there were speculations that she might not wear a tiara at all or that she would wear the Spencer Tiara in honor of Princess Diana, she ended up wearing the Queen Mary tiara, which was lent to her by the Queen.
What’s cool about this tiara is that at the center of the piece is a detachable brooch, which was given to Queen Mary as a wedding gift in 1932 when she married King George V.
As for Prince Harry, what’s there to say? He looked very distinguished in his military uniform and decided not to shave his beard.
Now let’s talk about the other people in attendance…
I was hoping that Barack and Michelle Obama would be present but I guess they meant it when they said they wouldn’t be inviting politicians to the wedding.
Here are the looks I really liked…
Lady Kitty Spencer looked amazing in her green floral Dolce and Gabanna outfit. The orange shoes and bag added a cool touch to her overall look and her fascinator matched perfectly.
Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter) and wife Jacinda Barrett looked so adorable in complimenting outfits. She looked delightful in her maroon dress and matching fascinator, and he looked very dapper in his morning suit and maroon tie.
David and Victoria Beckham looked chic as always. David Beckham can do no wrong. He looks gorgeous in any angle and in any outfit. Victoria, however, got a lot of flak from netizens saying she looked like she was going to attend a funeral but I think she looks gorgeous and had one of the coolest fascinators at the event. Just not quite sure about the orange shoes.
Countess Karen Spencer looked splendid in her body hugging monochromatic purple outfit and matching fascinator.
My all-time favorite Duchess Kate looked fabulous in a recycled dress! She’s worn the same white Alexander McQueen coat dress not once but twice before! Why? Because that’s just how she rolls! Love her. She doesn’t even look like she just gave birth. She’s awesome.
Last but certainly not least, my favorite of the day—none other than Queen Elizabeth II. I just think she’s so cool in her lime coat dress by Stuart Parvin with purple and floral accents. It just looks so festive and she definitely stands out. She is one groovy grandmother and queen, that’s for sure.
Congratulations and best wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.