October 8, 2017
EMMYS 2017: SETTING THE MOOD FOR THE REST OF AWARDS SEASON
It’s awards season again! It seems just like yesterday when I was saying goodbye to the Oscars and now this year’s Emmys is already over. Time flies so fast! So fast that I didn’t even realize that the Emmys was already 3 weeks ago and I hadn’t written about it yet!
The Emmys, which was hosted by Stephen Colbert this year, was held on Sunday, September 18, and though the ratings were disappointing the outfits were definitely not. I say that not because all the looks were amazing but because I really enjoyed the diversity of all the looks this year. As a loyal follower of this particular awards show, I was happy to see more color and styles this year. As they mentioned during the show, this year’s list of nominees has been the most diverse in Emmy history and that was also evident in their styles.
Here are my favorites…
Renee Bargh in a mystery dress
First I had to look up who she was then I had to look up who she was wearing. I found out that she’s an Australian celebrity & TV host and is now a correspondent for Extra in the US. She wasn’t at the Emmy’s to attend the show but to cover it and she was dressed for it. I still don’t know who she’s wearing.
Julianne Hough in Marchesa
This actually reminds me of the dresses her bridesmaids wore to her wedding, which were also designed by Marchesa, because of the floral details and the silhoutte of the dress. This dress is perfect for Jules because it’s sweet but edgy with the cut outs and the contrast of the pink flowers against the black fabric.
Kiernan Shipka in Miu Miu
I’ve always thought she was adorable but I find her extra adorable in this dress. That dress just looks so light and airy and fun. No wonder she looks so relaxed and confident in it.
Halston Sage and Zac Posen in Zac Posen
Emmy Rosum in Zac Posen
In a sea of styles and color a great looking black dress will always be stunning. Also love the gorgeous emerald accessories.
Evan Rachel Wood in Jeremy Scott for Moschino
She hasn’t worn a dress to an awards show in so long! This look on her is so predictable and I can’t wait for her to finally change things up a bit but I also can’t deny the impeccable tailoring on this outfit and the fact that she is totally rocking this pantsuit.
Shailene Woodley in Ralph Lauren
This dress is laid back, relaxed and totally cool just like Shailene. I’ve always liked velvet because the material is just so luxe but green velvet just takes it up a notch.If the rest of the awards season will be just as colorful and interesting then it looks like we have much to look forward to! Till the next awards show!
Photos from Vogue
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.