February 18, 2018
CAROLINA HERRERA: THE LIVING FASHION LEGEND
New York Fashion Week is now in full swing and what everyone is talking about is the last show of the iconic Carolina Herrera last Monday.
She has been designing for 37 years and in 2 days she takes her final walk on the runway.
She hands over the title of Creative Director to Wes Gordon, who she personally chose to take over her role in the company. He will now be in charge of all the runway collections as well as the bridal line of Carolina Herrera. He will definitely have his hands full coming up with new collections every six weeks plus the pressure of a successful succession given that he is taking over directly from the company founder and a living fashion legend.
I have always admired Carolina Herrera and her style. Elegance is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of her and it is a quality that is evident in her designs. Wear enough Carolina Herrera outfits and you are sure to gain fashionista status. Renee Zellweger is the perfect example – people took her fashion seriously when she started wearing Carolina Herrera on the red carpet and she continues to be considered one of the best dressed stars out there because she continues to wear Carolina Herrera.
That’s her at the Oscars for the Bridget Jones’s Diary and this is her in a dress from the Carolina Herrera Spring 2018 line…
Other celebrities known to patronize the brand are Nicole Kidman, Emma Stone, Olivia Palermo, Karlie Kloss, to name a few. HRH Duchess Kate Middleton and sister Pippa are also fans of her designs.
She has also dressed the ladies of the white house. Michelle Obama has worn Carolina Herrera on various occassions.
Jackie Kennedy’s wedding dress was Carolina Herrera.
Times are truly changing and with this change comes the end of an era. At least we will still get to see her as she takes on her new role as Global Brand Ambassador. She is and will always be a model of sophistication and grace.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.