May 30, 2016
DU30’s Cabinet: Presidential Spokesperson Atty. Salvador Panelo
Perhaps he’s the most controversial of all of President-elect Duterte’s appointees – Atty. Salvador Pañelo. He used to be Andal Ampatuan Jr’s legal counsel. He also used to be one of the Marcoses’ lawyers, following his infamous quote that the Marcoses don’t have any ill-gotten wealth.
Duterte appointed him as the official presidential spokesperson who will also be in charge of the Press Office which currently handles the president’s media coverage.
Technically he will be the administration’s voice should things get difficult. Right now, with Duterte telling everybody not to take everything he says seriously (so much for that jetski to China) – I think Atty. Pañelo will be working overtime, trying to explain things to media what “the President really meant”.
Although given how things are going between both of them, the media will be left to do much of the leg work and old fashioned research to get to the bottom of things instead of relying on “official statements from Malacañang”.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.
One Comment on “DU30’s Cabinet: Presidential Spokesperson Atty. Salvador Panelo”
The One and Only – Atty. Salvador Panelo — 365 Moments says October 7, 2016 at 2:43 pm
[…] actually didn’t like the caricature I did. It was a post I did on ManilaSpeak and it was based on one of the pics I saw on google. My classmate knew him and sent him the image. […]