December 25, 2015
Don’t be afraid to share your work
What are the tools you use the most?
For doodling, I use mostly fountain pens (with F and EF nibs), Zig drawing pens and brushes, Stabilo point 88, Zig brush pens, and some paint brushes. While for colouring, I use Stabilo pen 68 markers, Zig Clean Color Real Brushes, Colleen coloured pencils, Faber-Castell Polychromos, and Simbalion soft pastels. You’ll find all of those on my table!
Do you have a typical working process? What would it be?
First, I visualise how I want the image to look like then I start to draft it with pencil. After, I use thick to semi-thick pens to do the outlines and then fine and very fine tips for detailing. Most times, I proceed directly with detailing using pens already – unless it’s commissioned or for merchandise.
What is your craziest dream that still hasn’t come true?
I get to stage my own exhibit/s.
What does your workspace look like?
I tell ya, it’s outrageous! Most of the time, I try to be tidy and put all my things back in their proper places.
What does the future look like for you?
Hmm..I can’t say. I’m not really sure but whatever it may look like, I promise to never lose passion for arts. It’s a big part of me and it’s the reason why I am where I am today. I just hope that traditional art will still be there – preferably stronger – because there’s nothing as good as a craft made with your own hands.
Any advice for aspiring artists who still haven’t discovered that unique style of theirs?
Keep on practicing! Don’t be afraid to experiment and to seek for things that will give you inspirations. Lastly, don’t be afraid to share your work – be it with your friends or on social media. It’s your work, your style. Be proud of it!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.