March 3, 2018
My first job was in advertising and it will always be my first love. Thanks to my advertising professor in college who enamored me in this world of advertising. That’s why even if I’m no longer working in an agency, I still am observant of all kinds of ads around me.
This past week, I saw a lot of posts about cheeky billboards — recruiting Lebron James to Philadelphia and a welcome back to playing tennis for Serena Williams (yes, I love sports, so I follow a lot of athletes and sports news accounts).
A Philly based company putting a billboard ad in Cleveland recruiting Lebron James.
The husband of Serena Williams, Alexis Ohanian, made a series of billboard ads along the highway into Palm Springs to welcome her back to playing tennis.
Then, I remembered amusing billboards from another interest of mine, music. From one of my favorite band, Lany, reminding Coachella music festival goers to listen to them even if they are not playing at Coachella last spring. But this year they are playing! So I guess there won’t be a cheeky billboard from them.
Last April, Lany put up this billboard and one year later, they’re part of Coachella.
Another music advertiser that I’ve adored their billboards since 2016 is Spotify. For this year, they have a series of “2018 Goals” billboards and every single one of them is brilliant!
Outdoor advertising is not dead.
Write Things offers creative writing classes for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing class is the place to be. Check out our monthly writing classes and facebook.com/writethingsph.
- Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens: Young Writers’ Hangout – March 17, April 7, 14, 21 & 28, May 12, 19 & 26 (1:30pm-3pm)
- Summer Writing Workshop for Kids/Teens: Wonder of Words – May 7, 9, 11, 14, 16 & 18 (1:30pm-3:30pm for 8-12 years old; 4pm-6pm for 13-17 years old)
- Creative Writing Class for Adults: Fiction Writing with Sarge Lacuesta – March 10 (1:30pm-4:30pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email email@example.com.
Want to join one of our writing classes? Register now!
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.