January 31, 2019
BREAKFAST SPREADS WORTH THE CALORIES
If there is any meal I would wake up for, it’s breakfast. Besides looking forward to good coffee, a good breakfast buffet spread is a must.
Many hotels can be rated just by checking their breakfast buffet. As a traveler, I always judge a hotel and its management on the attention they give their food.
They may have the best rooms and nice amenities but their breakfast is something every traveler must enjoy and be able to talk about, long after the hotel stay is over.
One cannot get enough of Turkey and one cannot get enough of the Swissotel’s breakfast buffet. They offer local breads, three kinds of honey, three or more kinds of butter and a host of cheeses and local spreads. They have different ways to have eggs including the local Shakshouka. There are many kinds of sausages like the local Suchuk and all kinds of ham and bacon.
At the Executive Lounge, you need not miss the cafe breakfast. Everything you need and possibly crave for is available even if the lounge is compact and cozy.
They have smoked salmon eggs Benedict as well as eggs cooked your way.
They also have the local soup Pho with chicken or beef.
New Delhi, India
Indian breads, Shambar, chutneys are my favorites at the newly refurbished Oberoi. Though they have western choices, the local specialties are worth the carbs and fats. Everyday there are different breads to try along with lentils and other dips.
The best organic breads, grass-fed butter and local cheeses are common fare in Stockholm. There are also jams and jellies, all kinds of juices, and the best coffee.
These hotels are tops on my list. Their breakfasts are worth waking up early for.
Their coffee is all good. Bad coffee will negate every good experience with the food. Coffee is the best gauge to see if the hotel takes their food and beverage seriously.
First test at a hotel? Try their coffee. If it is good, chances are the good food will follow.
Do you agree?
Photos by Chit Juan
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.