May 26, 2017
BOOK SPINE POETRY
Another summer is almost about to end! What I love about the summer is that Where the Write Things Are discovers new young writers that blow us away and seeing our old students back to writing, too.
This week, I’m featuring pieces of three young writers from our Book Spine Poetry writing exercise at our 5th annual Wonder of Words Workshop. Yes, they went around (Fully Booked where we have our writing classes) and was inspired by four floors of books then wrote a poem based on the book titles that struck them.
by Chloe Tan, 13 years old
by Mikaela Dizon, 15 years old
When Breath Becomes Air
How We Weep and Laugh at the Same Thing
by Andrea Ong, 16 years old
Oh the Places you’ll Go
Far from the Madding Crowd
Look Who’s Back
So the next time you’re in a bookstore, why not try your own book spine poetry?
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our monthly classes at writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Creative Writing Classes for Kids/Teens and Adults
- Young Writers’ Hangout – June 3, July 1, July 15 (1:30pm-3pm)
- Adult Creative Writing with Susan Lara – June 17 (1:30pm-4:30pm)
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.