March 18, 2017
BEAUTIFUL WORDS BY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN ON WOMEN’S DAY
March 8 was International Women’s Day and the past week, I’ve heard great speeches from Michelle Obama, Anne Hathaway, and Hillary Clinton on their individual women’s rights advocacies.
Now, listen to their beautiful words:
Michelle Obama on the first anniversary of “Let Girls Learn” on International Women’s Day
Video Credit: PBS News Hour Youtube Channel
Anne Hathaway, UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, on paid parental leave at the UN Observance of International Women’s Day 2017
Video Credit: United Nations Youtube Channel
Girls Inc. honors Hillary Clinton on International Women’s Day 2017
Video Credit: Channel90seconds Newscom Youtube Channel
Photo from UN Women
Where the Write Things Are is a creative writing center for kids, teens, and adults. If you love writing or need some inspiration to get to write, our writing studio is the place to be. Check out our monthly classes at writethings.wix.com/writethings and facebook.com/writethingsph.
Summer Creative Writing Classes and Workshop for Kids and Teens:
- Young Writers’ Hangout – April 1, 8, 22, 29, May 13, 20, 27 and June 3 (1:30pm-3pm)
- Wonder of Words Workshop – May 8, 10, 12, 15, 17 and 19 (1:30pm-3:30pm for 8-12 years old; 4pm-6pm for 13-17 years old) with guest authors Pam Pastor, journalist and editor of Super section of Philippine Daily Inquirer; and Sarge Lacuesta, award winning fictionist and editor-at-large of Esquire Philippines Magazine
Venue is at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street. For more information and fee details, email email@example.com.
Photo/s used in this post is/are covered under the Fair Use Exemption of the IP Code.
- You acknowledge that Manila Speak is only a platform for your views and opinions and those views and opinions of yours are not necessarily that of Manila Speak.
- The comments section is a public forum and you will be considerate and respectful at all times.
- You shall not post any defamatory utterances, profanity or vulgar language, anything that is obscene or abusive. You shall not post any false statements, harassing words or threaten a person’s safety or property.
- You shall not, without consent, post any personal information such as but not limited to phone numbers and email or mailing addresses.
- You shall not violate other’s intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Manila Speak may or may not review your post but it reserves the right to remove that same if such post may potentially violate the guidelines.
- All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be republished without permission of the publisher.